In this article I show you how to easily upgrade firmware on Uyesee SoundMate WM201 WiFi Music Streamer via EZCast application from an Android device.
Steps to follow:
1. Download and install free from Play Store the EZCast application.
2. Launch the Ezcast application.
3. Connect tou your SoundMate WiFi Hotspot. Use this password if you're asked: 00000000 (you'll find it written on the bottom of the SoundMate)
4. Go to Air Setup section. Make sure to connect to internet via your WiFi Home hostspot.
5. Select 'Upgrade' button to verify that there is a newer firmware for your SoundMate. If there is a new one, download it and install it.
The latest EZCast firmware version on SoundMate WM201 is now 13395 (2015-02-04)
EZCast firmware v.13395 changelog (2015-02-04)
- EZCast / AirPlay / DLNA can cast directly when one of these functions is working;
- Improve AitPlay Audio performance;
- Bug fix: crash problem;
- Output Analog when SPDIF 5.1 is enabled;
- Bug fix: conflicts between voice prompts and Streaming / Test mode;
- Bug fix: AAC / WAV format has no sound (some speakers do not support the <44.1K sampling rate);
- Bug fix: 24bit / 192KHZ audio file can not be decoded;
- Adjust the PHY register, resolve the problem that udisk can not be recognized;
- Support Wolfson WM8988 codec chip;
- Add multi-language voice prompts;
- Mute when music status is pause / stop, reduce background noise;
- Optimize web page compatibility for Windows Phone;
- Bug fix: no Analog output when play video;
- Add 3G / 4G mode.
SHENZHEN Uyesee Co., Ltd is one of the leading OEM/ODM manufacturer specialized in providing an open android based hardware and software platform for OTT Android boxes with embedded digital TV tuner in it. We also have a wide range of product lines for your potential customers, such as content providers, service providers and telco operators. Our main focus is on android based smart devices, including hardware and software which allows us to adapt swiftly to make changes in the OTT and Hybrid Android boxes to match the specified needs for our customers. Uyesee accumulated wealthy experience on Linux and Android system development. We’re strategic partners in various chipsets, such as Realtek, Mstar, Hisilicon, Rockcihp, Amlogic…. With our rich experience in media field and huge resources with chipsets suppliers, we’ll totally share this strength with our customers for the product development and market expanding.